THz-Raman® Spectroscopy Probe
Ondax’s patented THz-Raman® Spectroscopy Systems extend the range of traditional Raman spectroscopy into the terahertz/low-frequency regime, exploring the same range of energy transitions as terahertz spectroscopy – without limiting the ability to measure the fingerprint region. This region reveals a new “Structural Fingerprint” to complement the traditional “Chemical Fingerprint” of Raman, enabling simultaneous analysis of both molecular structure and chemical composition in one instrument for advanced materials characterization.
The TR-PROBE is a compact, robust THz-Raman® probe that enables in-situ reaction or process monitoring, and can also be flexibly configured with a variety of sample interface accessories, including immersion or contact probe tips, a convenient vial/tablet holder, a
Transmission Raman adapter, a microscope mount, or a steerable non-contact optic (see options below). A separate CleanLine™ laser provides ASE-free excitation via a multimode fiber, enabling the probe to operate in harsher environments where electrical connections are not permitted.
TR-Series Products and Accessories
See What You’ve Been Missing – More Data, Better Sensitivity & Reliability
Clear real-time differentiation of structural attributes of the material enables clear identification and analysis of polymorphs, raw material sources, defects & contamination, crystal formation, phase monitoring and synthesis methods.
One Sample, One System, One Answer
In-situ, real-time measurement of both chemical composition and molecular structure eliminates the need for multiple samples and instruments, lowering capital, training and maintenance costs.
- Robust, sealed optical design with broad operating temperature range for use in demanding environments
- Fiber coupled high power CleanLineTM ASE-free laser source
- Interchangeable sample interface – probe tip, cuvette/tablet holder, transmission Raman adapter, microscope adapter, or steerable open beam
- Fiber coupled output enables easy interface to a wide range of spectrometers Fast collection of THz-Raman® spectra from 5cm -1 to >3000cm -1 (150GHz to 90THz)
- Simultaneous Stokes and anti-Stokes signals improve SNR while providing inherent calibration reference
- Can be added on to an existing Raman system or spectrometer, or as a complete customconfigured system
- Available at 532nm, 785nm, 808nm, 976nm and 1064nm excitation wavelengths
- Crystallization and Reaction Montoring
- In-situ Polymorph identification and analysis
- Tablet and bulk materials measurements (with Transmission Raman accessory)
- Trace detection and source attribution of explosives/hazmat/drugs
- Structural studies of nano- and bio- materials, photovoltaics, and semiconductors
- Forensics, archeology, mineralogy
- Both chemical composition + molecular structure from one Raman measurement
- In-situ, real-time structural monitoring + chemical analysis
- Higher SNR with inherent calibration reference
- Faster, more comprehensive and reliable measurements
- Interchangeable sample interface
- Compact, easy to use, and adaptable to existing Raman systems