THz-Raman® Spectroscopy Benchtop Module
Ondax’s patented THz-Raman® Spectroscopy Modules extend the range of traditional Raman spectroscopy into the terahertz/low-frequency regime, exploring the same range of energy transitions as terahertz spectroscopy – without limiting the ability to measure the fingerprint region. This region reveals a new “Structural Fingerprint” to complement the traditional “Chemical Fingerprint” of Raman, enabling simultaneous analysis of both molecular structure and chemical composition in one instrument for advanced materials characterization.
The TR-BENCH is configured for benchtop use and offers a range of interchangeable sample interface accessories holder for fast, easy measurements, including a convenient vial/tablet holder and a steerable non-contact optic (see options below). The system also comes with a standard cage mounting plate (centered on the collimated output beam) to allow for customized collection optics or easy integration into a customized system. Options include circular polarization or a dual-port/dual polarization output for simultaneous measurement of both S and P polarizations.
TR-Series Products and Accessories
See What You’ve Been Missing – More Data, Better Sensitivity & Reliability
Clear real-time differentiation of structural attributes of the material enables clear identification and analysis of polymorphs, raw material sources, defects & contamination, crystal formation, phase monitoring and synthesis methods.
One Sample, One System, One Answer
In-situ, real-time measurement of both composition and structural analysis eliminates the need for multiple samples and instruments, lowering capital, training and maintenance costs.
- Compact optical design with integrated high power single frequency laser source
- Interchangeable sample interface – vial/tablet holder, steerable open beam, or contact probe tip
- Fiber coupled output enables easy interface to a wide range of spectrometers
- Fast collection of THz-Raman® spectra from 5cm-1 to >3000 cm-1 (150GHz to 90THz)
- Simultaneous Stokes and anti-Stokes signals improve SNR while providing inherent calibration reference
- Can be added on to an existing Raman system or spectrometer, or incoroporated into a complete turnkey system
- Available at 532nm, 785nm, 850nm, 976nm and 1064nm excitation wavelengths
- Polymorph identification and analysis
- Crystallization Studies and Reaction Monitoring
- Trace detection and source attribution of explosives/hazmats/drugs
- Structural studies of nano- and bio- materials, photovoltaics, and semiconductors
- Forensics, archeology, mineralogy
- Both chemical composition + molecular structure from one Raman measurement
- In-situ, real-time structural monitoring + chemical analysis
- Higher SNR with inherent calibration reference
- Faster, more comprehensive and reliable measurements
- Compact, easy to use, and adaptable to existing Raman systems and spectrometers