Ultrafast Pulse Stretching/Compression
Ondax’s PicoPulse™ pulse stretcher/compressor filters enable high peak power in femtosecond pulsed laser systems, with a distortion free round output beam. Free space operation in PicoPulse™ filters allows larger input beams to be used with many orders of magnitude higher power than chirped Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs).
Ondax’s proprietary packaging is designed to minimize the spatial chirp commonly found in chirped volume holographic gratings (CVHGs). This robust, compact format is less complex than equivalent dispersive diffraction grating pairs, which require multiple components with precise alignment adjustment. The output is stable over a wide range of temperatures, with nearly diffraction limited beam quality.
- Use as a stretcher or compressor by flipping the input facet 180°
- Compact and easy to align
- Low scatter and loss
- Environmentally stable at high temperature and humidity
- No degradation over time, even under high power illumination conditions
- Free space diffraction efficiency >90%
- Low spatial chirp
- No stitching errors
- Highly repeatable performance
- Near diffraction limited beam quality